Sunday, June 21, 2009

AAA: Abscess, Abstinence and Alcohol


NOTE: Some parts (especially the start) is a tad disgusting. So if you have a weak stomach, please don't read ahead. I know most people who blog about their lives try to always paint a pretty picture of themselves. But as I said in my first post, this is about my life and it won't be complete if I skipped the nasty parts. So here it is ....

Being a good bottom that I am, I have read the "Good Gay Bottom Handbook" and always follow the third rule - Thou shall shave your behind before a bed bout.

The thing is, the last time I shaved, I was in such a hurry that I accidentally cut myself and didn't bother putting any antiseptics. A couple of days after, the cut got infected and it started to become tender and extremely excruciating.

It grew into an abscess and I hurriedly called one of my best RN friends, STAR. Star came to the rescue, armed with his arsenal of gauze, syringe, gloves, and other stuff I don't even know about. He tried to lance and drain the infection from the abscess. It felt so harsh that it was like being bottomed by 2 gargantuan basketball teams - all at the same time.

After lancing, Star told me he wasn't sure if he was able to remove all the infection so we called up our doctor friend - DOC SIO. Sio asked the details which I gave reluctantly. He then told me which anti-biotic to buy, and drink it every 6 hours for 7 days. Since SIO knew I drank a lot, he specifically told me to "Stay away from alcohol while you're on medication! And another important thing - stay away from alcohol while you're on medication!"

I felt like the infection in my behind moved to my throat and I found it difficult to swallow. 7 days of "No Alcohol"??? I mean, since my infection got worse, I already abstained from alcohol for 2 days before STAR arrived to lance my perfectly shaped butt. So DOC SIO was actually asking me 9 days of staying away from the poison that I love (aside from cigarettes).

OK, this skin abscess was really bugging me:
  1. It effin hurts like hell when the abscess gets even the slightest of pressure. So I've been basically spending the whole week sitting on one butt-cheek.
  2. I haven't had s*x because of it, and it looks like I won't be having any for the next 9 days.
  3. I won't be able to drink.

Being disappointed by the 1st two reasons is normal I guess. But when I thought about the 3rd, it got me thinking ...

Since I got back here in the Philippines for vacation last May, I've been drinking everyday. Okay, thats a bit of an exaggeration - I skipped 3 days.

I know most people who suffer from substance abuse are in denial, and will pulverize a friend into oblivion even if they politely say that one is an addict. But how do I know that I really am not an alcoholic?

I've refrained from alcohol (and sex) for 7 days now. I haven't had any seizures nor any bloodlust so I guess am not really craving for it. But the mere fact that I have been drinking daily and never realized it until I got sick ... is that a good sign that I am an addict??

The moral of the story? ... WAX, DON'T SHAVE!!! .. If you do not want to abstain from the things that you love, make sure you don't get sick!

Seriously though, 2 more days and I'll be off the meds. I can finally go back to drinking. Or should I???


(Header Pic: Glassical Emotions Series - "Drunk" by DonBertone of deviantart.com)

4 comments:

  1. alcoholic ka. period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUCK!!!! hahahhaa


    well congrats at least 2 days to go shot na ULIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, I really had great time with irc tonight.Thanks man i came upon this site!ill read more of your posts tomorrow.Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete