Wednesday, June 17, 2009

iPhone OS 3 - Solution for FIlipino MAC Users Who Can't Restore after the Update (iTunes Error -9807)

After it was announced about 2 months ago via the Apple website, I've been one of the people counting the days until the release of the iPhone's OS 3 upgrade. I waited until dawn today to download and install the upgrade.

After the OS was installed, the phone restarted and I kept on receiving an error message to this effect:

"Problem connecting to iTunes Store -9807 "

I've tried refreshing and refreshing the connection to no avail. So I googled it up and also tried the following solutions which all DID NOT work:
  1. Going to UDF mode and trying to restore the iPhone in both 2.2.1 or 3.0 version.
  2. Creating a New iTunes Account to sync my "bricked" phone.
  3. Flushing my Keychain.
Please note that I am using an iPhone 3G (from Globe Telecoms, Not Jailbroken, No Illegal Aps) and a Macbook, so this procedure will not work for PC Users. After lots of research and "testing", this is what worked for me:
  1. Disable your LITTLE SNITCH including the LITTLE SNITCH NETWORK MONITOR.
  2. Disable your Antivirus, whichever it is, including it's monitoring capabilities.
  3. Restart you Mac.
  4. Run your iTunes again ... and voila! Your syncing continues.
I haven't gotten around to playing with the OS 3 features yet so I can't say anything about it's quirks.

I hope this helped.

1 comment:

  1. worked like magic! thnx 4 d tip. was about 2 giv up on mah brick wen i came axs ur blog.

    ur gudlukin cuz

    ReplyDelete