Thursday, June 4, 2009

On Hustling Hustlers


When I went to Casey's pad, I already expected that everyday would be filled with uber gay activities and a consistent cacophony of earsplitting gay shrieks and laughter because his pad is like a watering hole of bi's and gays who live in the area.

Since I got there, every time the clock stroke 10pm, Cassey's friends would go to his house dressed like they're going to a photo shoot and drag our rosy behinds to O-Bar in Malate.

During my heydays in Malate, O-bar didn't exist. So the 1st time I went there, I noticed right away that they have delicious waiters who can all pass for extras in the movie 300. Most of the waiters knew Casey and his friends and we got special treatment from them (like reserved seats, no entrance fee, a "bodyguard" to pave our way when we go the the John since the sardines inside Ligo have more space to move on than in O-Bar).

After our third night in O-Bar, Casssey went out ahead of us to eat at the nearest fishball stand. When we got to him, he was merrily chatting with a guy who resembles Dennis Trillo (so from now on, I'll refer to him as Dennis). The guy was wearing a white polo shirt, which made him look like a priest's acolyte.

When we started walking, the guy followed us. Our transie friend, Janna, asked him where he was going, and Dennis said "Sasama ako sa inyo (I'll go with you guys)". I knew right then that he was a hustler/callboy/paid-lover. Cassey almost went into a coma because of the hustler's tactless answer. But before Cassey could shrug the hustler off Janna butted in and asked "May kasama ka pang kasing cute mo (DO you have friends who are as cute as you are with you)?".

Dennis just nodded and left. While Cassey and Janna were having a bout, Dennis came back with his friend and I did a double-back-hand-spring-to-a-full-twisting-layout! Dennis' friends wasn't cute ... he's a greek god disguised as a Filipino hooker. He was about 6 feet tall, had muscles I never knew would exist outside health mags and a face that resembles Janvier Daily.

The gays went gaga and forgot to put on their poker faces. So off we went to Cassey's pad.

When we got there, I was so tired and drunk that I opted to sleep in the couch while the gays were doing their thing. When I woke up, there was already a commotion and I thought I woke up in World War II.

The two Hustlers where demanding more payment. Janvier first told the gays that he should be paid 800PHP and he can be used by an army of gay nymphos. Dennis on the other hand demanded 800PHP per person, but since two of our friends were going to get his services, he agreed to get 1,200PHP instead of 1,600PHP for two persons.

After the gays were "done", Dennis started a moro-moro that he was to get 1,200PHP per person. When Janvier heard this he upped his price to 1,600PHP person. The two hustlers were making so much racket that Cassey was so afraid that his landlady would hear the commotion and would make things more complicated. He gave them all his cash and I volunteered to give the cash I had in my wallet.

The hustlers were demanding more money and said we were still short of 700PHP. Everybody didn't have cash left because we just came from a night out. I told the hustlers that I would just go out to withdraw some cash but they said they wanted to join me. I said NO because 1st: they might get all my money, 2nd I really didn't know the pin to my Credit Cards so I can't really withdraw money. It was just a spur of the moment "save yourself" thing that went on and I managed to escape without them noticing I've disappeared into oblivion.

When I got outside, I was so nervous that I didn't know what to do:
A. Go to the police / barangay hall.
B. Tell Cassey's landlady.
C. Go to Cassey's friends' houses nearby to get some donation for the "I Can't Pay a Hustler Foundation."

Both A & B would cause more drama so I opted for C. But the problem was, I knew the street where the bitches live but I didn't specifically know which house. So I went to the street, sat by the gutter, and was thinking of how I should angle myself in front of the camera when the media interviews me as a Sole Survivor of a Gay Mass Killing. My phone suddenly rang and Cassey was asking me where I was. I was on the next street sitting by the gutter. After a few seconds (40 seconds to be exact), I saw Cassey already looking haggard and half-running towards me.

He also didn't know what to do because he just lost his ATM and can only do an OTC withdrawal so we still needed a couple of more hours for the bank to open. The hustlers were already prepping their butcher knives at his home so he also flew like Tinkerbell for his life.

I suggested to borrow money from his gayfriends. He stood up and knocked on the gate that was in front of where we were sitting. A cheerful gay's head popped out from the 2nd floor window and told us to just come in. Luckily, Fall (the cheerful gay) had some money to spare so he lent us the 700PHP we still needed and he went with Cassey back to his house to pay our deficit. They told me to just wait there so that if anything else happens, somebody can go to the police and report right away. They told me to do this if they didn't text me in 15 minutes.

According to Cassey, the Hustlers left when he gave the remaining money and said "Ang lilibog n'yo wala pala kayong pambayad! (You guys are so horny, but you don't have any money to pay!)" before they left with a whopping 7,000PHP+ in their pockets.

That night (everything happened at around 9AM), we went to O-Bar to have another night out. Before entering the bar, we saw Dennis and Janvier exactly where we first saw them and they gave us a very friendly waive. The gays, being as friendly as they are, waved back and only Janna, Cassey and I pretended they were invisble.

Now I wonder, why do a lot of gays, bi-sexuals and BUY-sexuals pay for sex? Why do we still put our safety at risk every time we get hustlers from the street? Is it because getting a hustler is faster than doing the whole courtship thing with other gays and bi's? Or is it beacuase gays are just nationalistic by nature and they want to sustain the Philippines' growing economy by patronizing local produces? Honestly, I don't know.

6 comments:

  1. oh my! is this for real? when did it happen?

    I also really dont get it. I can’t completely comprehend why any gay guy should pay a “straight” guy for sex when, in the end, it was the latter who enjoyed the experience. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the issue is not peculiar to the Philippines...it is a worldwide issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... melody ha.. ndi ka daw natulog sa couch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kiara .... sige na nga ... aminin ko na. .. sa ilalim ako ng la mesa nakatulog .. hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hay naku ung mga friends ko biktima rin ng mga yan sa malate.. take note ung dinalanila sa haus at tapos at nagdemand pa dapat 1500 lng humihingi pa ng addtl 5k ay walang kaabog abog na lumabas ako ng condo pinuntahan ko ang mga guard para palayasin cla sa bahay.. nanakot pa.. cympre napahiya ung mga friends ko pero lesson learned sa kanila kesa naman masaktan pa kami nila.. bad ang daming mapagsamantala sa mundo ngayon..

    ReplyDelete