Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Love Found (Part 1 - The Meeting)


I’ve been wanting to blog about this for quite some time already, but the thing is, I’m afraid I’ll just jinx the good things that are happening to me right now. Since I’m a gossip monger, I’ll explode unless all of you know about this - So I’ll just go on ahead and blog about it.

I was supposed to meet up with DOC SIO for a date, but he said he couldn’t make it because he wasn’t feeling well. I asked him if it were alright if I’d just invite another person for a date. He said yes, so I looked at the last “non-friend/family” who texted me and I got the winner of “Lets go on a date with Driedfish whether you like it or not” contest.

I texted RAYMOND and asked him if he were busy. He said no, and that we can meet up in Jax (a comedy bar in Olongapo). There was a show there by a group called Gwadings (Gwapong Bading or Good-looking Gays). I wanted to watch the show since I HEARD they were really good-looking. Raymond, on the other hand, had tickets for the show that were given to him by a friend so it was a serendipitous match. Who is Raymond?

Most gay people use their Penis as the barometer whether they ought to message a person or not in PlanetRomeo (former G4M - the gay friendster). When they look at a person’s profile pic and get an erection, it was a sure sign that they were soulmates. Well, as you may now know - I’m not like most people. I usually look at the pic, IF I like what I see, I proceed to reading everything on his profile. Afterwards, I pray to the patron saint of Filipino gays, San Rio, for the person to message me. If that person didn’t message me after my novena, it was a sign from San Rio that we’re not compatible.

Raymond’s pic caught my attention because he was half-naked on top of his bed with a pillow on his face. I first thought it was kinky and I wanted to see more; but his page didn’t have any other pic for me to ogle at, so I began to read his profile. To cut the crap short, I loved his profile because of his flawless English grammar (unlike mine), dry wit, and a no-nonesense portrayal of himself. I then mused - “This guy should message me”.

I prayed for 4 straight hours and nothing happened. My facebook buddies were all asleep and I was already getting a bit dreary with Mafia Wars and Restaurant City so I thought I might as well message this guy! A thought bubble came up saying “Don’t worry if he rejects you. You should have gotten used to that by now.”

I messaged him “I love your profile, the last part reminds me of Savage Garden’s Affirmation though.” He messaged me back with “You caught me there hehehe So how are you doing?” and we started messaging in PR from then on, and started texting some time after that.

Back to Jax. I spent the first 2 hours with my friends PIPES and DAGE (plus his good-looking, but straight, workmate). We were starting to get bored when I saw my long-time crush enter the door.

I’ve been seeing this guy around Olongapo’s gimmick scene for the past couple of years but we never got introduced because I don’t know any of his friends. My long-time crush sat by the bar with two of his buddies.

There I was waiting for my blind date to arrive and I was already cheating on him by imagining my crush, walking 6 tables away just to ask for a lighter (and ultimately, my phone number). How pathetic can I get .... right?

My phone alerted me that I had a message. It read “I’m here by the bar already. I’m a bit shy so I can’t go near you and your friends. Can we meet by the comfort room?”

I surveyed the bar.

Aside from my crush and his friends, the others seated by the bar were Senior Gay Citizens and some of the performers who were on their break with their respective clout. I saw my crush stand-up and leave. Wishing he stayed because he’s the only one worth looking at by the bar, I tried to busy myself with drinking my pineapple juice (yes, I still had a butt-boil by this time so I still couldn’t drink any alcoholic beverage).

I was trying to figure out who my date was from the psychedelic collection of gays and girls in the bar when I got a text that read “I’m here in the CR already. Are you coming?”

So that’s why I couldn’t find him ... he already left the bar! I realized I still had hope of my date NOT being either a Senior Gay Citizen or a Comedy Bar Act.

I then stood up, told my friends I’ll just meet up with my blind date and headed for the John.

When I got to the drape that covered the CR’s entrance, two straight guys were right outside who obviously had too much to drink. I went inside to save myself from discomfort.

When I got in, I saw my crush taking a pee. I turned back and went outside again because he might think I was stalking him. I honestly believe that it is better to get bashed by straight people you don’t know rather than get beaten-up by your long-time crush.

I was about to text my blind date to ask where he was when the John’s drape opened.

My long-time crush walked to me ..

... he smiled ...

... I trembled a bit ...

... he asked ...

...“So how are you doing?”

... and I heard the audience’s applause as the Gwadings were taking their curtsy after singing Beyonce’s Single Ladies ...


(... to be continued really soon, as in after a day)

15 comments:

  1. zup, welcome back ,taGAl mong nawala, kakaasar ka BITIN ANG KWENTO..
    ako ba yung isang charater jan..
    naku ikaw ha. sumbong kita kay SAN RIO, bakit ngayun mo lang nilaba tong love story nato..
    cant wait for the continuation of this sequel hehe
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud to have taken part on a momentous event of your life driedfish . . . i never knew that was the first meeting/group date/. . .its really romantic to have someone who writes as passionate as you. . . telling the whole world how it started. . . hope to have more "kilig" stories of you and your "yumyum". . .

    its me dage, Mhel(house party), Manex (jaxx, when meeting the bataan gays) and Mark Herras ( included on this story) - three of my good looking accesories (according to appearrance) sends their regards. . . Di ba parang movie starring lang . . .

    Hope you keep in touch . . .

    DAGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pipes ... ikaw nga ang isang character d2 .. slow lang? hahhahah

    @dage ... welll buti kilala pa nila ako ...

    @both .. salamat sa pag subaybay sa aking munting blog ... misha both ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. to be able to write your first meeting in detail and in emotions, i'd say you really are in love. good luck to you at pakitapos na tong istoryang ito. hehe! take care of each other's hearts ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa! that's all what i can say! LOL! really., cecil is right, to be able to write your fisrt meeting in details? whoa! you must've love him that much.. :) god i bet chard was euphoric when he first read this blog you made, and i bet as well that whenever he will read this over and over again it will still give him the feeling of euphoria or elation! This is really a one stupendous story! :) hope to read the continuation soon :) goodluck on your lovelife and wish the best for you both! :)- arra

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwww... im just so happy about dis relationship :)

    im chard's college frnd and im glad he met sum1 lyk you. i mean, he deserves 2 b very hapi and though i dnt know u personally yet, im sure u deserve this kind of happiness too. i also agree wid the comments before this. For you to be able to express things in a very detailed manner really means a lot! i knw it coz im like dat...only to people i really really love.

    just take care of each other and may this first meeting be the start of something forever. we're all gonna w8 for d coming episodes. cheers! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow watta fairytale-like story. You might call it serendipity friend. But I call it Destiny. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience something like this so I'm so so happy for you. Cherish this event in your life and don't let it just pass away. Since everyone's wanting for a moment like this, I'm glad it already happened to you. And remember, it's not the number of breaths you take that counts but the number of moments that take your breath away. And this is definitely one breath-taking moment you must always cherish and remember.

    Love you! Mwah!

    -Madelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What can I say?
    The Turtle finally found a mate! PEACE RICHARD :)

    My Bff (Raymond) has been single for quite some time now. He has always had a bit of struggle in the "man division". But could all this be a thing of the past? Could he have finally found love? It seems so, as it appears that he is completely smitten.
    hahaha...Well, I am happy for the both of you! Im glad you both found love. Remember though that love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides.
    And when it subsides you have to make a decision.
    You have to work out whether your roots have become so tangled together that it is unimaginable that you should ever part.

    You both have to promise me that despite of your long distance relationship KEEP THE HEAT ON! "In true love greatest distance can be bridged."

    Para in love lang best friend ko nangaral na ba ko before?!! Tell me! hahaha...

    Take care of each other's ♥. Love You Both.

    x♥x♥
    ebony

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..wo0o0o0ow bhe kahit nah alam khoo0o0 kung paanuh nagzimula ung lo0ove zto0ory neo0o ni chad kinikilig padin aq hanggang ngeo0o0on zah kwentuh neo0oo,;D lo0o0ng tym cruzh muh c chad,nareremember muh pah ung fedora nea ayt??ahahahahaha dun aq tuwang tuwa e nung kinuwentuh muh un,,but mozt of ol dtuh zah binlog muh dahil complete detailz tlga,,hmmmmn peruh t0 be continued lhang zaket zah puzo0on ahhh bitin..;)
    ..im zo0o0o happy for the both of you dahil finally natagpuan neo0o0 ung izat iza,,maz lalu aqng mazaya ky chad dahil 1zttym xa naging gntuh kazaya zah buhai nea az in dahil zah lo0o0ove en ngeo0o0on lhang xa ng commit,kw lhang ung tao0ong nakakapilit zah knyah nah pumuntah zah mga place nah ayaw nea..ahahahahahaha lyk dun zah n0 name..dahil zau din napakantah xa zah vide0ke,:D alam muh bha araw2 nah kzama khoo0o0 xa yo0ou kn0w that olready dbah nah oweiz aq dtuh zah knila dtuh nah nga kho0o nakatira e bukambibig nea lague ikaw zooobrang miz kha nea, befo0ore he zlip he make zure nah ung t-zhirt mmnuh naza tavi nea.. binuko0o0o kunah xa..yari aq..
    ..b0toh aq zau para ky chad,,walang halo0ong kemerut..:)
    ..zana forever ng kaung dalawa,,
    ..cgue nah bhe
    ..i will be waiting for the next chapter,cant weyt;)


    x0x0,
    bhebz

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow a good love story is hard to come by these days, but it is nice to know that despite all the crazy shit happening in the world right now, love still finds its way to some people's hearts... im sooo happy for you and rishard (as i call him during our college days).. *super kilig* it sounds like something you'd likely read from a chick lit.. hahahaha stay in love bitches!!! - anne pambid :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. you crack me up,. as in,. and for the story to be so detailed,. *applause*

    really love the ending,

    though, not sure if i was meant to be tagged in fb,.

    ReplyDelete
  12. please have the part 2 come out real soon...chard, i'm happy for you...parang pang telenovela to..fantabulous! -eunice

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow so sweet nman pala ng story nyu..
    eh di sarap nman ng feeling kasi ung long time
    crish mo ngayun boyfriend mo na... haha!! tamis..
    hehehe.. misha kuya jespher!!!

    france =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwwwwwwwwww :) you guys are lucky to have found each other. haha kinda like in the movies :) keep the stories coming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. chard, parang ung sa mga tagalog pocket books... nakakakilig! nakakabitin!nakakaexcite!na tipong saNa ganyan din ang love story ko... nakaka inggit na nakaka inspire... im so happy for you chard...
    can't wait for the part 2!!! misyah! audrey

    ReplyDelete